DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

hi chaps well im getting to the point where i need to change the cam belt on the sierra. iv never done a cam belt before. should i pay someone to do it or is it easy. any feedback welcome :-)

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol nope. no manuals at all 

What engine....pinto =doddle ...zetec simple but a hassle

its 20l pinto 

google is your friend, Pinto cam belt timing marks. A chimpanzee with a 4 watt light bulb for a brain could do it :-)))

lol ok. iv read a few things. i looked for timeing marks when i had the cover off could not find any. someone says put your own markings on 

turn engine over and line up timing marks on bottom pulley to large mark and pointer..... remove top cover look at top pulley there is an arrowit should line up with a dot on head......if it dont rotate engine 360 degrees and recheck.

remove dissy cap and paint dots on rotor and dissy body ......

slacken spring tensioner and then tighten up in slack position.....you may need to screwdriver the tensioner slack....its quite a stiff spring. 

remove bottom pulley and .remove cam belt.......refit a new belt...ensure all marks line up......release the tensioner and then lock in place ...the belt should be right.....turn over the engine to check every thing is ok....

sounds really easy .....thanks famous last words. is the 20l pinto a safe engine if the belt goes....or does it screw it up 

pinto 2.0 i believe is a non interference engine....

look at "pinto ignition timing" then open the images. Timing marks are shown. Crankshaft pulley is marked, cam pulley has three holes one should have a little pointer in the back plate, that goes to a dot mark on the head at 6 o clock. Once you see it it is easy. Get a good quality belt and a cam tensioner pulley if you can afford it. It saves heartache later.

Like wot he said! this thing is a bit slow tonight, or is it the wine :-))

any recomendations for the belt....i dont want to use cheep shit for this 

Hardest part is probably removeing the bottom pulley  they can be a pain some times

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service