DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

hi chaps well im getting to the point where i need to change the cam belt on the sierra. iv never done a cam belt before. should i pay someone to do it or is it easy. any feedback welcome :-)

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

radiator out, cambelt cover off. Puller on, lots of tightening, sharp crack with a 2 pounder and away it comes. As Paul says do it proper do it right :-))

cant get a puller on it steve way too tight on chassis rail 

actually iv just had a look and yes i can :-)))

undo the two engine mounts......trolley jack under the sump....lift engine. very common practice in the mechanic game, some cars are an absolute bastard to get off.....pinto tends to be easy, big spanner and weighty lump hammer will release the bottom bolt.

On one of my Pintos the pulley came off like a dream on the other it took a bit of levering but it wasn't too bad. I don't think that you can get a new belt on with the pulley in place, even if you split the old belt.

iv got a 3 leg puller. im still nervous i need to read more :-0

crack the nut off and try it, some of them are loose.

I'm trying to find a source for these but it would appear they are 'Burton's own brand'

or a nice man who got me the truck could show me how to do it..... :-))))

I'm currently on a seven day week Brian !

You have enough space (from that photo) to get the bolt loosened off a couple of turns, see if the pulley will move without the puller or hammer. If it does then all good. if not then drill a small dimple in the centre of the bolt, just big enough for the tip of the puller bolt if its a pointed one. Hook the jaws on the outer rim of the pulley and apply a little tension using the centre bolt, tap it.. rinse and repeat applying tension as required.

whats a rs pulley ?

really shifty 

i need a idiots guide i think :-))))))

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service