DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

So the cars only been on the road for a few years now and i'm not particularly happy with the paint/body. When we originally started the re-build, the body was in a very bad state, absolutely covered in cracks required a huge amount of time getting it into a reasonable state. After this, the paint was then done with many spray cans, hoping to get a reasonable and inexpensive paint job. So considering this was the first major body work I've ever done its not too bad.

Never the less a lot of cracks have re-appeared, a section on the bonnet has bubbled up due to lack of heat reflective material against the exhaust manifold and there are lots of thin patches.

I plan to have a second attempt over the summer using a proper spray gun, hopefully getting it to a more professional standard so any advise on equipment and techniques will be very useful.

Cheers, Matt.

Views: 716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks.

Yes that was the idea, it was always a bit worrying when we'd push the car by the old role bar and you could feel it move, definitely wouldn't hold if it was properly needed. The new role bar is completely solid which is tonnes better!

The new tank was made to fit sung between the chassis sides but also be narrow enough to get a decent sized boot in. We worked out it hold about 8.5 gallons which is enough for trips out, the longest usually being stoneleigh. No foam inside but it has two baffles.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service