DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Hi folks just a quick introduction of myself and my car. My name is Jay I live in sunny scotland I'm 40 years old, and a member of the dutton owners club, I am a regular of the stoneleigh kit car show, have a 1970 dutton Sierra that I am rebuilding. Ive known the car since around 2010 and had the pleasure of owning her in march of last year. Since then it's basically been a scramble for as many parts as possible, I've going to upload some pictures of my cars progress so far. And as I go I will ad more picks. Thanks for taking the time to read my post people

Views: 1781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your kidding me I've set up my new engine too power 4 house bricks lol

Does fit well the new front end if I do say so myself ;-)

• Ok maybe a shiney petrol tank is a step to far ;-)

mine looked like that it all pealed off lol. think the tanks have some kind of galvanised coating .

Do you now what the tanks are off Brian, mines a bit scabby under the paint and I would like to replace it. 

obsolete part now. second hand. or aly stainess eqv. 

Hmm not good. Looks like it's going to be expensive, that's more parts on the list :'(

Reknowned for corroding in the lower centre section at the front, if you strip it be prepared to weld up holes (or epoxy them)

Luckily no holes but won't be long till there is..

There are some good rust preventers out there but I've heard good things about Frost's tank sealer stuff.

I have striped it no holes a wee bit of rust but no too bad. Just think it's one of them things that will let you down when you least expect it. The seams look the worst part, it's going to need changed.

My back bumper now it painted and got rid of all the srange shapes lol.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service