DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

one of the car with hard top.....

and one with the soft top.....

the phaeton is still in my drive and it really really has to go.......ebay this week some time i think.

as for the Legerra, well it has given me some fun and games, first it boils up like a kettle....er well it did it now has a much larger radiator and some ducting on the radiator. it seems to make a difference.

the car goes quite well but it did have a hot staring issue which turns out to be a duff ballast resistor even though the car has electronic ignition. easy to fix and the car now starts hot reliably.

the suspension is very stiff and it will be softened up a bit, but the car handles quite well.

it has a MG miget dash in the car and i feel it really suits the car....more pictures later

Views: 2837

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adding the reinforcement below the chassis rail has MUCH more effect than adding it on the side. If the reinforcement was identical to the original rail (which I know isn't the case) then adding it at the side would double the stiffness but adding it below would make it 6 times as stiff. If we assume that the actual reinforcement is only half the depth of the original rail then it would add only about 20% to the stiffness of the rail if it was alongside, but it would nearly triple it if added below.

I kind of knew that :-( however I didnt think the ratio was so large.....I forgot the effect is a logarithmic scale!
A uni education wasted.........;-)
Couldn't hurt could it?.......I'll do it anyway.........cheers steve it hadn't occurred to me.
Early hillman imps had foam filled cills which trapped moisture and rotted out. Then you couldn't patch the cills they had to be completely cut away so the foam could be removed be fore welding. Tried once to patch one but the toxic stench from the burning foam nearly killed me.

nothing done to the car today.....my wifes fiat sciento started leaking water from its radiator so it had to be replaced, so a trip to the scrappers for a new rad, a newish one with fan was £25. on the plus side the wing mirrors look about perfect for the Legerra, they are a easy 3 screw mounting and they are internally adjustable. i will post pictures later for those who have legerra's and are looking for new mirror options.

wing mirrors

these look like they will fit just about perfectly, my local yard wants £25 a pair.

here is the picture,these should fit very nicely above the door hinge (there is a triangle of bodywork in the scuttle - windscreen area) the door will also open with out fouling the mirror, they are just small enough.

I have used this utility before and its fun to play with it, visual tyre size calculator it helped me pick the right profile tyres for more than one of my cars.

Interesting tyre calculator. However, I don't know what they mean by "rolling radius" as it is nothing like half of the diameter. Their calculation of the diameter agrees with my calculations but I think they have taken half the diameter and then taken110mm off in order to estimate the rolling radius, whereas I think it should be 10-13mm that they take off. I reckon that my 185/65x14's have a rolling radius of 285mm, not 187 as it claims. Pity.

.I used www.mintylamb.co.uk  to sort my tyre sizes.

well the new mounting brackets have been made for the anti roll bar i just have to finalise their mounting position. .....or even decide if an anti roll bar is where i want to go with it. because to get the wheels centre of the wheel arches both sides i may need to think about compression struts to get them both the same as the anti roll bar just isnt playing nice.

the top wish bone will still have to be modified to get the castor right.

Will that be the top wishbone on both sides, or just the left?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service