DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 19569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice one Dave ,looking forward to seeing it , this one wont be used as an ornament Mr Sheriden

well done

so, much paperwork to do? The muppets at DVLA do like their paper :-))

V55/5.....

MOT.

Age cert.

Bank details.

Pictures of car.

.....etc......

it is er......nimble....

it is also quite taught feeling, a blast out into the country side will show up any quirks.....

there is also a pronounced Knock when going over manhole covers from the O/S......some investigation needed.

It is also quite loud when pressed.....and very poppy and banging on over run. The ECU still needs to work out all of its parameters. (its self learning apparently)

once my car is fully legal i will enlighten you all to some of the paperwork hassles i have had.....it has been a surprising and frustrating journey so far. hopefully on the road within a couple of weeks....How many times have i said that?

on reflection the knocking on my rear suspension is probably due to the rear shockers being on rose joints top and bottom and not rubber bushed.....so i am on the look out for a pair....

I have new poly ones for 'triumph' eyelet fitting... any good?

Well it might be that but if it's a real 'knock' I'd be surprised unless they're quite worn.

Are you sure you have the right sized bolts on the shockers?

We had this problem y'see. Some very similar but not quite the same metric vs imperial. A slightly loose fit will have alot more play than a rose joint on its own - and of course the lack of rubber will make it sound worse

Right.....what's new?

Cant see anything because of the glare from that number plate 

RSS

© 2017   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service