DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

I've been looking at the engine compartment of my V6 Malaga B+. Has anyone seen the steering column go through the fan belt like this before? I need some advice.

I think my options are: 

1) fit 3 or 4 UJ's into the steering column and take it around the outside of the belt. This might add slop into the steering which would be bad for fast driving and track days but it would stop the steering column crushing my chest when I crash the car into the barrier.

2) replace the water pump with an electric one and keep everything else the same.

3) the same as 2 but replace the steering column with a collapsible one.

4) do nothing.

Any ideas?

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found this one, ebay 232562339838 "MERCEDES VIANO W639 2.2D Aux Belt Idler Pulley 2010 on". It doesn't have sides to guide the belt but I'm guessing that the two pulleys on either side will be enough to keep things in line.

I'll check tomorrow to see what it would cost me to get you one of those if you want.

That other Vauxhall pulley in still on the shelf if you would prefer.

A Pinto pulley would fit or be very close to what you need James 

I think in view of James  history of  trying to make love to barriers with a Dutton  it would be safer for him to have a collapsible  steering column with a rubber front end on his cars -:))

RSS

© 2018   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service