Dutton Kit Cars and their owners
Wow I haven't done an update in a long time :/
- New fuel tank ordered...issues encountered.
- Master cylinders refurbished, honed and now with new seals. Refitted.
- Pedals cleaned up.
- Brake calipers fully refurbished with all new parts including a repaint.
- Brakes refitted and bled...then one seized, assumed it only minor so temporarily ignored.
- Clutch slave cylinder refurbished, honed and now with new seals. Refitted.
- Clutch was jammed on but we eventually, and accidentally, un-jammed it (there's a funny story to that).
ATTEMPTED A TENTATIVE FIRST DRIVE!!! partially to see if it would un-seize the brake.
- Sticky throttle also encountered, since been cleaned up.
- Lots of faffing (and damaging the brand new paint on the calipers Grrr) finally realised it was a collapsed flexi-hose. Will be ordering new ones all round soon.
- New tyres all round. Kankang Econex NA-1.
- Rear part of fibreglass body (rear tub?) removed/unbolted. Partially removed anyway
- Roll-bar hacked off, going to a place near Bristol to get a new roll bar made up tomorrow. Tada
So, my question to everyone here. Which shock absorbers do I buy?
I know sod all about them other than their basic function. I don't want anything massively over the top as I'm never going to go extreme racing, but I also don't want anything cheap and nasty.
I was looking at these for the rear simply because it says they are a direct replacement.
Add a Comment