DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Are any SWeDO's (South West Dutton Owners) thinking of going to the Exeter Kit Car Show, if so which day? I am determined to get there in my Legerra for its first showing (not that it is a show car). It is 80 miles from my door, so I reckon that I'm pretty likely to make it without incident. It would be a good chance to meet up and show that Duttons are still viable fun cars. Let's hope that the weather is friendly.

Views: 532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My friend and I go to this will go on Saturday this year I think.

I ought to scroll down more often, if saturday is the day most people are going I should see some of you there.

I am currently planning on going on Saturday as my in-laws are coming for the day to see our new puppy, so I won't be missed - they can leave the washing up until I get home. I was thinking of aiming to get there for 10am, so leaving home at 8:30. What do other people think? I don't know what happens if you get there earlier.

I got Saturday off so will be heading up there in the sierra towing the pheaton to exeter services and driving in from there. Aiming to hit Exeter between 10-10.30

It was the thought of coffee, sticky buns and maybe a bacon butty that was firing my imagination.

Towing a phaeton with a dutton sierra is almost certainly illegal on several points.....be careful the fines can be severe.

When you say towing, you mean trailer towing don't you Dave. What are the rules?

Of course the West Country is different from the rest of the country as it was the home of smugglers, pirates and ship wreckers. Culturally, Bristol is a melting pot where the West Country skullduggery meets the more genteel financial chicanery of the Home Counties. The two come together when you buy a car in Bristol. Beware!

Of the worse kind, i hasten to add, whats a dutton worth in bristol these days, last time i checked it was 2 bottles of rum, and a goat 

Talking about Pirates,  and Smugglers, sorry but you will have to go some, and more to beat what went on in my neck of the woods, Romney marsh, Rye, Hastings were all very well known for being hot beds of smugglers

It's only after you live somewhere that you really appreciate its history. Bristol was the home of the slave trade and the tobacco industry. The locals don't know what "corruption" means as didn't realise there was an alternative.

Bristol was just named as the Best City in the UK to live in, which just goes to show that if you chose the right criteria you can justify anything, even the impossible! Other surveys have shown it to be the slowest moving city because of the over use of traffic lights as a solution to every problem and when I first moved here it was the car crime capital of UK, even beating Liverpool.

Yes James, that shocked me too, i believe theres a plaque on the harbour to commemorate the slave trade,  and there would have been quite a trade in tobacco  smugling, i suppose all coastal regions and ports had its smuglers, my father grew up near Gloucester docks and could tell quite a few stories of what went "missing" to reappear in the local economy in the time between the wars

yes i have been warned about Brighton, apparently they nick precious metal, rings, i was told,  if you go to brighton, watch your ring, but i dont wear mine, so i guess i'm safe, 

Pirates, i will have you know there are more Pirates in Hastings than any other part of UK,  thats a fact, because on pirates day, we hold the record, beating Penzance.  so you scurvy dogs,  Ye come to Hastings at your peril,  

Isn't it mostly shipwrecking in Plymouth, nowadays with a welding rod!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service