DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Bloody wind knocked my bonnet shut and has caused stress cracks. I have always had a misalignment issue, I have now done that and now have to repair this long thin crack, hopefully without messing the paint job up to much. Have just ran a slitting disc along the crack, it appears to be just the gelcoat and paint, Any tips in what to use and way forward? I'm not good with body work, cant weld it and hit it with the big grinder :-) Anyway, do I open the crack width ways so that it has a bevel to fill and what do I use? filler, resin, gelcoat repair stuff? plus any tips on keeping it neat?

Views: 491

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Base coat to clear coat, how long do I wait? And do I key the basecoat?

Seems u tube is full of tips, so off I jolly well go, clothes peg firmly attached on nose and snorkel all fitted.

lol @ steve 

2 coats of clear now on, 2 more to go, lovely warm day has helped.

really its p ing it down up here : (    

Glad to say that fiasco is done with, ended up scotchbrite pads over the whole bonnet. Then a surprise visit from Billie Whiz of the hillbillies, he blew over the whole bonnet with a very wet coat of clear and job done. I hope, stupid car :-))

lol

Just been out for a blast in the mx, great car, totally stress less driving. Why am I struggling with an old fashioned motor when this thing outscored it on most points ??

see your point but i love that rough and ready feeling of a dutton. i drive a boring tintop everyday boring :-)))

bitch. i keep thinking about that 20l efi in the melos :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

will do soon. fitting a kitchen at min so no time for cars. :-(

yes its how i will get the concreate over your body. :-0

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service