DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Hi I've recently emailed all members regards options for increasing membership and its implications. I'd be greatful for any thoughts, comments or suggestions

Cheers

Bodge

Views: 547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be glad to pay. 

Whilst i have no problem paying as a contribution to the site, i am unconvinced of the value in incorporating the site fully into the DOC portfolio just now. certainly not outside of the AGM in any case. i for one would like to see how customizable the site will be once paid for. if there were a vote at the AGM i will support it fully.
As most of the DOC committee use this site daily and it is the best supported site for the Dutton marque, why would it be a problem to the DOC. Tim did not ask the DOC, but ever member on this site. Would the committee want to take over all sites. Up until your comment Dave the reaction from the other members was positive.

I think its better run by someone outside the committee Dave. That way theres no club bias to who we let on etc. Less than 50% of the committee are active members of this site.

Freedom of speech and all that.

Apart from anything else if the users here all chip in the required £1.50 then it will be more than adequate to take the site to the next level, stop the spammers who will run a mile if confronted by a subscription chgarge. Its better than the DOC QnA board already but with the improvements the upgrade brings it will be far better.

Perhaps a survey could be run on all three sites to determine who is registered where and are the a DOC member or not. Not exhaustive I not but would give some ideas.

Maybe something for the next DT?

Also happy to pay a share

Had some great advice on here from like minded people, I'm very happy to contribute.

For an extra quid, why not.

I'm in.

The only question I have is how do I pay :-)

hi im happy to pay the extra but could you please check to see where my membership details are i havent recieved anything from yourselves i paid around may time

thanks paul

I am astounded that my post could be viewed as negative!
I said i had no problem paying, i said i would abide by any majority vote on the subject, and as a committee member i must express the view of the club who at last years AGM took a vote on this exact subject and voted no!
since that question was raised by a new member it needed pointing out.
are you sugesting that a committee member should arbitrarily take a view against the wishes of the club majority just because it is what you want? Even if that member is in favour of it anyway (not saying i am or not.....for the record)
Are you sugesting anarchy ?

Perhaps part of the membership problem is in promising a membership pack to new members in the first place.

Surely new members only need to know there members number which could be emailed thus reducing the workload in processing new members?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service