DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Anyone else getting odd messages from new member James Pollard, reads very much like a starter to a scam. Profile locked on private and wants me to message his e-mail directly????

Obviously i'm not about to but admin might want to look into it.

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is what he wrote as a comment on one of my threads.

Good Day, How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. I have something very vital to disclose to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site.Could you please get back to me on ( mr.jamespollard100@gmail.com ) for the full details.Have a nice day. Thanks God bless.

I have also recived an email from James Pollard, the contents very similar to the one you recived. Very much a scam I think.

bloody weirdo!!!!  haha

I just joined and got an email from the same guy.  Will block him

Sorry about that chaps. Every now and again one eludes the vetting process and gets added. They don't last long though.

Dave 'the admin ninja' has dealt with it.

it is a scam, all about some distant relative of yours dying and there is a fortune waiting in a bank that can be transferred to you because you are the only surviving relative. about 5 million£ ......................possibly a Nigerian fraud, they are good at this sort of thing.

James Pollard was removed from the group of 6th Dec 2019 after I was contacted.

This is the message I sent to the member who reported it originally

We get attacked every week, but being the Admin I vet the IP address and location, There are 2 other admins on the site not sure if they have let him in, I'll delete him right away.

Easy enough to miss these people, thay are extremely cunning and are scanning so many email address lists. Just another facet of modern not-so-nice society.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service