DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

The car arrived yesterday after a bit of hassle getting it moved from Scotland. It looks solid and a good base for a project but as usual there is more work to do than originally planned.

The main jobs are, the brakes need freeing off, hardly any of the electrics are working, pedal box needs bracing as it flexes horribly, track control arm to replace, rear wheel bearing, cooling system to look at and fan to fit. The front bodywork has some bad cracks that need repairing. On the good side, i've had it running and it sounds sweet and I moved it in to the unit under its own power.

Views: 2523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i had my suspitions Daryl,  i knew someone like that, one sniff of the barmaids apron ,and he wanted to fight the whole world 

talking of Worlds, this is begining to sound like a case of welcome to Waynes world :))))))

wheres it now , in the dog   or as your from manchester was it the dog? makes a change from curried rat 

what you mean Essex, nope small bore chevvy every time, its just a  pity you will never fit one under the bonnet of any Dutton.

If you can get a Rover V8 in you can get a small block V8 in although speaking as someone who has owned examples of the big three US V8s I wouldn;t give a Chevy houseroom, Mopar everytime for me and as for the Essex Daryl, I've owned and loved several 3.0 Capris but I wouldn't use an Essex again. 125 horsepower from three litres is taking the ££$^. They're tourquey, they sound great and they drive well but for power they are bloody awful. And I speak as a fan

OOPs apparently that last reply should have been in the Waynes world thread, my aplogies. Good luck with the S4 :)

Brakes have been unsezied and front callipers  now working as they should. Seats are out ready for a hoover out and a look at the electrics and pedal box mounts

Looks good Pete,,,,,,, have you got any close up pics of the front shock set up ??

Hi Mark, these are the only ones I have to hand. The later cars like mine have the shock mounted on the top wishbone

Thanks Pete.  Still have the old triumph shocks on mine and was thinking of changing them. That's one rather long pushrod for the servo you have there

Hey Pete,

What happened to the S1?

BV

Life has got in the way! the amount of time I have to spend on it has gone down and the reality that it wouldn't be finished for another couple of years set in. This one came up and it has the engine I wanted all along and with a lot of other good parts, it starts and drives, the plan is to get it on the road by the end of august. The engine and gearbox from the s1 project have been sold along with a few other bits, I still have the chassis and bodywork at the moment.

Do you still have it or did you sell it on?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service