DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

could you pop some photos of the prop to me, I'm fitting a mt75 to my S1 or do you know which Landrover it came from or have the part numbers?

great thread this by the way might even inject some enthusiasm into my build god knows I need it.

cheers

Bought off eBay, £15 complete with doughnut. Discovery 300 rear prop. It has a sliding rear section, with a grease nipple in the side of the prop.

thanks for that I have a Friend who sells landrover parts so should be able to get a good discount on a new one.

bloody wet wind tunnel today!!

here is one:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DISCOVERY-2-TD5-1999-2004-300T...

sorry about the hi-jack Dave, not another word :-))

not a problem for me.......;-)

i mean this post will be 780......its not as if the extra one or two makes much difference......

problems.....

today (new years day) was my new engine and box in day......i have two 1.8 zetec engines one from a Mondeo and one from a Focus both cars are of a similar age  (1999 and 2001)

one engine is on my engine stand and one on the floor......the mondeo clutch fits the type 9 gearbox but it has 110,000 miles on it ....knackered the Focus was only 56,000 miles..... fine for use in a car.....

so any way i fitted the gear box with a small bracket to enable me to suspend the box at the front to make fitting the engine so much easier single handed....

then i tried to fit the engine and it would not go on.....

off comes the clutch and this is what i found......

The mondeo clutch is 210mm wide (ish) and the center splines are the same as the type 9 box.....

the focus clutch is 220mm wide (ish) even though the pressure plate is exactly the same size! but the center splines are way way smaller.....smaller even that the type 2 or 3 gearbox's i have.....

so no possibility of getting a clutch today.....that means  everything is on hold ...again.

How frustrating. I like there being days when the shops are shut but they always seem to fall on the wrong day!

prices for a two piece clutch vary from £29 to £290.....so not much difference, the expensive ones are available off the shelf but the cheaper ones need ordering in.....

I used a clutch, disc and bearing from 2.0 Ford Sierra in mine.  Standard 1800 zetec flywheel redrilled to take it. 

Gearbox prior to angle grinder surgery...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service