DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh...and the wheels i currently have on the car are 14" but with 80 profile tyres (standard profile on a radial tyre) it is planned for the car to have either 70 profile or 65 profile tyres....that will give a little more clearance from the tyre top to the mud wing.....

a change to 70 profile give a reduction of diameter of 37mm.....but down to 65 profile its in the range of 56mm!

thats over an inch on the radius........it would be all i need for mud wing clearance and reduce the clearance from road to spoiler from about 5" to 4" the minimum to clear speed humps

James. ....here it is.:-)

Just ordered a new propshaft for my car from D+F Propshafts in Leeds.......just tell them the length and the gearbox type as well as the diff. they Quoted £120 + VAT so £145 for a custom propshaft.

that seems a good price, they will even courier it to me for £12 if needed.

What gearbox are you using, Dave?

Type 9

p.s. if anyone has a spare Zetec inlet manifold kicking about i could use one.......just message me....thanks.

Dave. Might be able to help. Have a spare silver top.
Great........text or phone me we can sort something out...

Made and fitted a throttle pedal today......

A little more work to the pedals they will be perfect.

There is over 2" more room than the standard S1 for the pedals. The clutch and brake are standard mk2 cortina spacing.

Also started on my inlet manifold. The ford plastic plenum and injector rail have been cut off and I now need to make a adapter plate and weld some tubes to it and to a 4" pipe as a plenum. .....

It's a bit of hassle....

Going to order a 500mm long 100mm X 3mm flat bar from eBay. .....should make a good adapter plate.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service