DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Having decided to replace my FoMoCo dizzy with an Accuspark equipped Bosch one, leads, and coil as well.

I was looking at toys... found this clear dizzy cap and wondered if anyone had tried one? Is it of any practical use or just a frivolous toy? Be fun to watch the sparks inside the cap when the engine is running however, would it perform in normal road use? Seems you can only get them for the Bosch dizzy so might change the Sierra one too then I can have the blue tinted one... 

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank heaven it wasn't the fuel system...

What do you think of Accusparks claim that my HT routing is 'wrong' BV? I've reterminated both leads (bar final crimping) but #3 is still going to be 'short', too short to form a graceful curve like the other three anyway. Should I be an awkward git and insist on a new lead the right length?

Maybe I approached them wrong... They have stated that is a standard set of leads for a pinto and that I routed it wrong, not the best start to a customer service experience...

maybe the coil lead would have gone to number 3 and number 3 as the coil lead, just a thought :-))

Spark plug end is a different fitting inside the cover as well as the cover itself. 

Spent four hours looking for my ratchet crimper, not happy as I can't find the dam thing.

On the bright side found a few other bits I thought I had lost.

Shortened coil lead is a success, or will be when crimped, replacement #3 lead is still too short to form out properly with the others.

Not impressed that my second email was not answered, benefit of the doubt, maybe she's not in today. Currently ebay feedback will be neutral at best due to being told I was wrong...

Still have to put all the gubbins back in the garage and it's turned pretty cold. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service