DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

To be held at Donington Circuit (what a surprise) Saturday the first and Sunday the second of september. We have been invited to exhibit a Phaeton in the main hall along with other classic kits. 

If anyone is going can they please add themselves to the list below so I know if I need to take a marquee. copy the list and paste it then add your self, that way I only have to read the last post to get an idea.

Adrian and Sue (both days)

Views: 1105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm kit car jousting :-o

I'm still up for a NERF war after the show closes to the public sunday night at Stoneleigh. Now if Mike gets that pickup finished we can all wear tea towels and do a drive by...

Dave, sounds like you've hit the nail on head in my view! So many have stood up and been counted  (Ade you've done so much to help me and Ive only been a member for few months) I feel I should do too. If I can help organise something from a south east point of view please just ask?

The reality is kit car shows are not as well attended as they used to be, not just with kits but also the general public. As there are fewer Duttons around these days then proportionally there will be fewer attending shows. There are plenty being worked on. The main kit car show of the year is Stoneleigh and thats not as strong as it used to be. Maybe there is generally less interest in kit cars. Donnington is just about do-able for me but its a boring journey up the motorway, Stoneleigh and Newark have more interesting routes. I sometimes attend the 'classis kit car show' for early plastic fantastics in the cotwolds though the last few years it has always clashed with my summer holiday. This years weather has not helped some shows either. Hopefully next year will bring a better turn out. Pherhaps we need an edition of Dutton Torque out before the big shows to improve the turnout!

I am putting an article on Donny together for the next issue, picture heavy,

In the old days you used to be able to take your own car out on the circuit at donington and I think they need to look into that again to see if it's still a viable option. How many Ultima owners did you see at Donny... I didn't see one on either day. Where have they hidden themselves?

This year has been a year for sorting stuff and people out, getting things in place to make future years easier on those people who follow us committee members in post. When I hand off the mem sec's job at some point I want it to be easier than it is now for whoever takes over. During this process things have often gone a little pear shaped but I hope I've sorted my part now and it will work better in future. I am STILL catching up with renewals from my little data mishap earlier this year, steps have been taken to modernise the system and hopefully it's now at a point where I don't have to worry about another occurence of that issue.

I will also have a word with the kit car magazine editors and try to get the dates for next year as early as possible.

I thought it was Donny where they did a track day and demo's for the manufacturers.

Yes the turn out of kits for other clubs is often poor, not just for Duttons. This year at Stoneleigh the Gemini owners had their usual stand and as usual no one turned up on the Sunday. One assumes they must have paid or at least booked the spot, no club or cars. Its been like that for a good few years as well, next to them is usually the Tigers which by midday have filled their space and start clogging up the service road!

I think you may have a good idea there Vern, and I never agree with you so it must be good.

:-))))

last thing i drove round donnington circuit  was a B series ERF back in the 1980,s when british truck racing was at its best ..

Last thing I drove round a racing circuit was the BRSCC ambulance at Brands in 1979/80 - Brands Hatch, V6 Transit, Essex power :-)

TOWIE!!!!!!!

ha,ha,, pmsl.. i,v just been driving it  but the bl##dy, doors are falling off and it dosnt stop!!!!!  ,no-brakes,,,,,

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service