DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

just to let you know, I know the seller, stay away :-)) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kit-Cars-2x-/301842124472?hash=item464731...

Views: 853

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im gratfull the guy who sold me my melos did the right thing. he knew the car was worth much more in parts but would not break it because it had sentimental value to him. because he built it. 

Anyone here on the Locost forum? Loads of bits have come up for sale, I can't get access, I'm not a contributor, (tight arse)

This forum Steve...

Locostbuilders

Few quids worth in the chassis
But is that really a atlas axel an a bullit box ?
Hard to see on my phone
About £700-800 of kit if standard

Its an english / timken housing and i have never seen an actual timken LSD, i think they are urban legend :)

If you follow the photobucket link in the listing there are more close ups of the engine and box as well including some casting numbers. If he's telling stories about the LSD then I'm skeptical about the whole '12 months in a container' story. That engine has been 'down' for some time if you look at the amount of corrosion on the ports and in the manifold.

In my mind there are two schools of thought.

Keep em cheap and cheerful and resign yourself to getting priced out on most purchases and then watching them resurface as 'scrap'.

OR

Encourage the price to go up by building to a better quality and selling them at higher prices.

Either way we do need to curtail this 'breaking for parts' wherever possible. Problem is, if people don't want the cars at the time they will get sliced up and scrapped. I was offered the shell from that red/yellow Sierra and nobody wants it. I'd have it and store it until someone did want it but with it needing a full rebuild thats a dead dog, a space that could (and will) be occupied by something more glamorous.

more glamorous?? surely impossible Sir. I'm not selling my Sierra :-))) But I agree, we need to improve our image. Good quality builds, but I do believe that we are slowly getting there, we have some new converts who seem to be keen and the Sheridan special is well on its way, as for the dogs which are scrapped I dont think they had a future, how many are actually building a car now or rebuilding, very few.

@ Ade, yes that locost builders, lots of Ford stuff, MT75 and sierra back axle stuff. And you are right about the axle, its an English axle so not atlas, but he doesn't say its an LSD, bullet box is a common misconception of a 2000e box, very few bullet boxes survived the rally boys, so we'll let him off that one, for now :-))

Not arsed, too far and out of budget (let alone its a Jago....)

There is a lot of work involved in bringing those mechanical parts back to working order.

I have access to those forums however it's read only. I think I registered years ago but dont remember what as.

Did you get my reply to your email the other day ade ?
Emails/my phone having a bit of a saga the last week or so

The one about Beneto's ... no I didn't, just checked and there is nowt in my inbox. If it went as a PM on here then I normally get an email telling me it arrived... which means my email is mental most days...

Guy I sold a dash to the other day was doing a r/h drive conversion on a l/h drive car he had imported from Belgium for £4300 !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service