DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

So, you go to sell your car on the bay, how does the charges work out, because the dearest thing I have ever sold is £200. And I thought the charges very expensive. Is it a percentage thing? Or an agreed fee beforehand.

Views: 2693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whilst trying to help out a fellow kit car owner, we are known as "kitty's", he mentioned he knows of a melos and a phaeton in bits in someones yard. Anybody need any bits??  Early morning jaunt tomorrow with my trusty brownie tucked under my coat and a few spanners in my pockets :-))

one week to late, all chopped up and skipped, body and chassis, gearboxes and axles weighed in :-((

I'm here........Just.

Think they were stripped a while back. Nice Locost under wraps in the garage. Nudge nudge :-)

I've been to his house, sound chap with a genuine 'dream fell apart' situation. I've got the hardtop already Martin.

It is a sound project with potential as it would be easy to switch back to manual and get it sorted.

The owner, Wayne, was injured by a stolen car while on his motorbike. He has moved on to a 50's Ford Pop that is more suited to his needs and has plans for a substantial power unit of around 5.7 litres.

I have already offered my own assistance should he need it, but there are some club members much closer than I. 

I agree with what's been said and to be honest that's how it works round here. We did the same for GaryS3 when he owned a Phaeton, went and helped out as he had issues laying on the floor to work on the lower parts of the car, All the Northern Duttoneers piled round and helped a few times. Funnily, when he sold up it was Steve Kerry that bought the car and put it back together and got it running again. It does happen, Steve K does odd jobs not just for duttonowners but for fellow enthusiasts and I'm sure there are others who I know nothing about who also 'help out' when needed.

It will make someone a very nice car,  Read the ad, needs a little work but is kinda making me jealous, its shiny :(

Rescued. Seems a Ning'er has purchased it... Strike up another one for the DRS (Dutton Rescue Squad)

Those look gorgeous, but he's not giving them away.

275/15's are going to be close to the bodywork, VERY close.

Photo's make them look good though, not massively bigger than the Camacs at first look.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service