DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

So, you go to sell your car on the bay, how does the charges work out, because the dearest thing I have ever sold is £200. And I thought the charges very expensive. Is it a percentage thing? Or an agreed fee beforehand.

Views: 2693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve, I have replied in detail by PM however i'll state here that we don't 'grass people up' in the sense I think you mean it. It's not just us but any marque that predates the IVA / SVA tests thats at risk, we just happen to have two names on the DVLA register of historic vehicle clubs, we have that affiliation to assist our members trace and identify old and neglected Duttons, a service even Bentley and Rolls Royce offer. Surely that can't be wrong?

Who informs the DVLA of what exactly Steve?

As previously stated, information shared with the DVLA is dependent on the questions asked on either side and as such variable according to case.

If I have ever pointed out something 'wrong' to the DVLA it would be because it was a blatant and obvious case of illegal ID transfer. At this point i will point you in the Taunton direction. Read the spec on this advert for a 'ford dutton fireblade' which clearly states it was built in 2011 which means it required an IVA and would in no way be eligible to use a historic aged V5C / reg. It is blatant and what makes it worse it's in a car showroom. There is not one part on that car that is Dutton manufactured apart from the ID plate, and thats probably been remade too. I have discussed this with the seller by email. That MK needs to have a VIC done. I'll be the first to admit it's a nice car, well finished by the look of the photo's but that doesnt excuse the fact its a dead parrot...

We had this conversation about three years ago regarding the Phaeton that 'lost its ID' up Kendall way. The new owner is now a club member and as such I would be remiss if I didn't try to help him to recover the ID from the Phaeton. I beleive you may have been in communication with the previous owner, The ID ended up on a yellow kit that was subsequently advertised on ebay and possibly sold to another unsuspecting victim. He's driving around in a nice kit which is incorrectly registered and therefore he has no insurance. What happens if he seriously injures someone?

Anyway, you don't have to approve to remain a member, bring the subject up at the AGM and get a ruling on it, job done, official standpoint marked.

I have now been told not to utter another word, we are under scrutiny, ssh, big brother is watching .

This one is for Dave Price, what could have been ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robin-Hood-2b-V6-Jaguar-3-0litre-/2315567...

And this one is a cloners dream, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dutton-B-Kit-Car-Body-Chassis-front-suspe...     Yarn? is that South?

Yorkshire or Northumberland Steve... So Sue tells me its North East lots....

Steve.  I had seen some of his build blog on the web.  He has more determination than me.  If I had stuck with the Jag engine, I would still be looking at what to do.  At least I now have a Phaeton that starts, I know it will be slower, but 1600 Pinto should still be a laugh

Hi Dave, yes, I read it all very determined build, then he has to sell. Shame. I love the build diary, and really looked forward to your trials and tribulations. Never mind, maybe I'll look down that route one day, now I have more and more time on my hands, first though I have to try and understand the logic in the electronic devices. I could be some time :-))

Technically yes you are allowed a like for like replacement chassis but you need proof of manufacture for the replacement chassis from the original manufacturer or some other evidence that the chassis was manufactured to the original bluebrints by a reputable company. If the chassis comes from an unregistered like for like car then it is a spare part from the original manufacturer.

Under current legislation anything non-structural such as the grp bodywork is considered irrelevant with regard to registration BUT the description on the V5c must refect the vehicle. eg an unaltered triumph spitfire chassis with a kit car body must say on the log book what it is and not triumph spitfire.

At least one melos has passed the sva/iva
I am in touch with a RHOCAR area secretary who is their "goto" guy to check if a car will pass the IVA he happens to own a melos. He thinks that they would pass with very little effort.

Nice Idea. Could use an original chassis as a jig to create a new one.

Sierra back ends are getting rare though and they're also much wider.

I'd favour sierra, mx5, BMW, Lexus or merc diff and dedion tube although I'm unsure about hubs and how expensive custom drive shafts would be

Who has the P21 moulds?

Would be interested in some more details of the structural defect. ......the rhocar guy was of the opinion that because the melos is enclosed around the front suspension a fair few of the most common failures would be eliminated.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service