DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

when i get round to taking my car to bits this year (now the Quantum is on the road) I have been wondering what to do about the front end of the car, especially as the headlights are knackered and need replacing. To be honest i have seen very few cycle guard modifications that look good on Phaetons because of the shape and height of the bonnet and nose cone.

But i am thinking of cutting out the headlight pods completely and making the mud guard look as if they were never there. and buying some HID projector lamps and making some holders, either both sides of the nose cone or inside the grille area, hidden. OR making some eye shaped pods to sit on the mudguards for the smaller lamps, what do you lot think?

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i did think about that but decided to keep them, they would be useful for mounting spotlights in later when i decide what indicators to fit.
it is a problem for me.....picking the right headlights, those ovals are about right they are 205mm wide (about 1/2 the distance to the wing edge, i am thinking that twin lights are the way to go......its so hard to find some that are bottom mounted and not side mounted for motorbikes.

yeah i was in hein gericke at the weekend looking at the headlamps they do, and looking at indicators. the headlamp range is not huge, and not too badly priced, but it is cheaper on the net, found these people though.....

http://www.jwmotorcycles.com/customparts/headlights.html

they have some interesting headlights.

I want, I want, I want...!

Highway Hawk Triple Light Kit

£120 quid though....

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorcycle/Custom_Cruiser/Lighting/Hi...

I was having that same conversation with my wife and she likes them as well..........but not £250+ likes, :-(

Hello Dave,

how are you? :-)

..........the headligt`s and blinker from Jörg and my car, we are buy this parts from Hein Gericke.

Greetings

from

Alexa and Tom

Hi Tom and Alex, Sandy and I are well, and we hope you two are also. Will you have the Malaga B+ finished for your trip the UK?
We now have a spare bedroom if you and Alex wish to stay with us sometime. Perhaps after your trip to Goodwood?

Hi Dave,

Alexa and I was 3 Week in Thailand vor vacation. We flight back on monday. So we are verry lucky to have a backflight before the rain stop the Airport. 

If we start the Trip to Goodwood I must finish the Malaga B Type. No finish.......  I loose my eggs....  Alexa was not amused if I restore the Malaga. ;-) She want only the technical approval by the german technican Autority.  But I like here car.

The Malaga must finish in the end of the april.

We hope to stay with you after Goodwood!!!!

nice greetings

Alexa and Tom

Ps. I have Answer you at the German Dutton webside.

A little more progress on my car.........

and an other for you....

i am thinking of making a new radiator grille from aluminium flat bar 20x2mm and some 6mm sq aluminium bar, i dont know if i will paint it black or leave it silver.....

Looking good Dave

Like It. Pitty you couldn't just leave the headlights off, keeping the nice lines and wide arches!

exactly my thoughts........which is why I originally wanted the lights inside the radiator grille, unfortunately the C+U regulations wont allow it, the mock up of my car using the small hammerite tins as lights is as close to my ideal as would be allowed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service