DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

It's got an mot, so what's wrong with it? next thing we know the DVLA will be putting blocks on our cars. He's not put a description on it so he doesn't get asked to justify himself.

Writing in the status bar doesn't thread unless you answer it in the staus again.

Views: 838

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

If Duttons have been 'flagged' then they cannot be returned to the road without a VRO check. My ground up rebuild looks like a brand new car 'cos that was the look I was going for. That could raise suspicion with the VRO. A further look would show the chassis cut to recieve an alternate engine and box, this alone would trigger an IVA requirement. Add to that a colour change and engine type and size change and the VRO arn't gonna be keen to let it go.

There's too much to be done or redone to comply with the IVA and the additional expense. The car would be worth no more and given that I've already spent much more than it's worth this could be the final straw. If I'd wanted to go through the IVA I'd have built a brand new IVA compliant kit to start with :-(

Since most of the 'ringers' were rung many years ago bleating on to the DVLA all the time was never gonna bring back all those scrapped cars and they were mostly scrapped because Duttons have little value. I'm aware the DVLA would have looked at the dutton eventually but drawing this unneccesary attention hasn't helped any of us has it.

they are being flagged as far as i know as a vehicle of interest as are a great many other cars, they are not picking on them. The DVLA seem to be looking for the obvious ringers not the modified cars, as that opens a whole new can of worms. They are aware that a rung kit car often comes back on the road after a long either a long absence off the road or just after a recent owner change. having a  new engine and body colour makes it is an easy way to spot the bad ones. They seem to be asking for proof that it is what your claiming it to be, (one of the reasons Ade has been making cad drawings of the chassis) once they are satisfied that its genuine there is no problem.....however if your replacing your chassis with a custom made space frame you will have a problem.

Not hearing about this on any other kit car forums so it does look like its aimed at Duttons :-(

well after whats gone off i dont think i want a dutton any more  ,classic ford spares  maybe having mine,,, they are paying top money,,,,

Mike i know of someone looking to take on a project he is asking about the possibility of a Melos....as is someone else on this forum.......classic ford spares your teasing...he will sell the V5's and scrap the cars, as you well know.

People should calm down and see what actually happens,  ,As Dave sayes,  if your car is registered as a Dutton, and can be verifed as being a Dutton,  i cant see  any problem, unless its a way to ensure all kit cars meet the latest  standard as laid down by the ministry, in which case then it would make sence that when you rebuild a car, you ensure you  meet those conditions  , has any Dutton owner that's car is what it sayes it is on the V5 had to put their car through IVA yet??   We all get up in arms when we see a ringer, but in the same breath complain about it when the DVLA decide to check that your car is genuine Dutton  and not something else 

The way Mike is at the moment  i dont know how serious he really is , i would guess he has a lot to contend with  and because of it  is allowing himself to  get stressed out  and  that effects how people react to situations  just last week he was going to skip the lot  , i would hope that if he is going to sell up and no longer involve himself with Duttons, he at least gives members a chance to take the cars on , rather than sell them to someone who would want them just as ford spares  and could even add to the ringers if they sell on the V5's 

Where did all this come from boys?  I must have missed something!!   Have we been told by the DVLA that a registered kit car that has been sorn for a while will not be able to get an MOT ?   Surely all our cars can be verified by the club.  Has any one been refused an MOT?  

So long as the chassis is original spec there shouldn't be a problem, after all it is called a chassis number

Classic ford spares you have to be joking!!! If your serious about selling up then tell folk on here what your price is instead of making us guess. If you want an auction stick them on ebay.

Offers made but no reply

This is indeed true Marc but any cut to a chassis or monocoque other than for repair as original is deemed resaon enough for an IVA. Since I've cut the gearbox xmember to accept a non ford engine and gearbox the VRO inspector could smell a rat.

The car looks like a fresh build as that was the look I wanted but it could also look like an unstarted kit built up with the reg from another put on - what people now like to call a ringer. see the problem! 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service