DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

I have been conversing with Pilkingtons who are capable and willing to make screens for us. If we order 4 or more they will waive the cost of the master mould / buck. 

I don't have a price on a screen yet but it seems reasonable to think they will be fair. the Dialogue is ongoing and I will keep you posted.

If any of you Leggy owners may theoretically interested in purchasing a replacement then please PM me.

I currently need one screen for the white one we rescued off ebay due to explosive decompression  the high wind that blew the old one out of its frame before I picked it up last weekend.

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They already had a buck that was made a few years back to supply the DOC members so are they trying to fleece us again?

That was Autoglass I think, thats the buck that was sold overseas when the company 'streamlined' its operation (I hate that word). Evidently some company in Sweden bought them and there is a 99% chance they were left behind in the UK and then destroyed on the authority of whatever company was in charge of the streamlining exercise.

Pilkingtons have been fantastic and IF we can get four orders then the tooling cost will be covered by the company. I know I have two cars and no spares. Discussions are revolving around the £300 area but that does depend on getting a minimum of four on the first order.

BUMP

minimum order 'level of interest' has been achieved. I'll get back to you all soon with a confirmed price for a basic screen and prices on the options.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service