DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

So, trawling the sludge of google and came across this rather useful site Fordopedia I'm of back to the garage to find stuff I thought long lost... have fun.

Ade

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats part of why i decided to go for it, once i get my melos done it will most likily be winter anyway( joking)  and on the very few days when its not -5 i would have a choice as to how i get to work   plus how often do hard tops come up for sale  everything else i know i can wait and get later  

There is a very good chance that it would fit an S3.....

it has a rubber gasket along the bottom....it should fit ok. look at the glass bottom edge its parallel to the bottom....

Well, you are right about there being little curve under the window - it is at the corner instead!

So James, are you saying that it will only fit an melos? 

I don't know. It maybe that the same roof fits the Phaeton if you cut 2 inches off the sides and make the bottom level all of the way around. I haven't seen a Phaeton up close so I'm afraid that I would not know. If you did trim it like that then the question would be about the relative height of the roll bar, the windscreen and the rear of the cockpit. All I would say is that it definitely will fit a Melos! Oh, I can also confirm that it definitely will not fit a Legerra as the top of the Legerra screen is much further back (and a different shape) and the cockpit is wider - I tried it at the weekend.

I was looking on the internet and saw this picture. It includes a hardtop which looks to be taller than the Melos one. That suggests that if they are made from the same mould as the Phaeton one then it is the Melos version that is cut at the back. So it looks like you'd need to add some fibreglass to fit a Melos one to a Phaeton, but that would not be too difficult.

What I forgot to say is that if anyone sees a hard top for a Legerra then I am definitely interested.

So who got the Melos hardtop?

Not me, it went over what i could afford this time,  normally melos stuff doesnt sell.

it went for £77.50 looks like it was sniped  winning bid placed at very last minute

Just as you think life has finished rubbing my nose in it, checked on Ebay this morning and theres a melos soft top, and a S3 soft top complete with doors on there , Melos  soft top has about 3 hours to go , not sure on S3,  Its just not fair!!!!! when i had the money, not a thing, now that i,m almost permantly skint, its coming out of the ^^^^^!!! wood work . 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service