DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

So, trawling the sludge of google and came across this rather useful site Fordopedia I'm of back to the garage to find stuff I thought long lost... have fun.

Ade

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

would a s3 hood and doors fit an s1 ? or is it radically different?

Not sure, but i think the S3 is wider and longer than the S1, but saying that if the S1 is smaller, you could cut down an S3 hood to fit if you want to take a chance  , not sure if monsoon do an s1 hood? 

wud the hood and doors fit the melos  ?????????

S1/2 B+ are the same S3/4 melos the same. the two types of hood and doors are very different.

The number for the soft top and doors is 3789847076 for anyone interested, it starts at £45 and there are no bids so far  might be a good buy for someone, unfortunatly not for me , i'm going to have to revert to borrowing Ade's S3 hood,taking it to bits  and copying it onto some waterproof material  then getting a friend to sow one up , but on the bright side, i will be the only dutton with a cream coloured hood:)), assuming the market trader,ive seen still has it. 

I can't find it on ebay. Has it finished?

still there James, and still no bidders, 2 days to run , search under dutton s3 , i would go for it, but cant justify spending the money at the moment, when i need to watch every last penny, i will be spending a little this month, but on plugs points etc,  but as i outlined above i do have a fall back position  assuming Ade has found it, last time i asked he said its buried somewhere in his lockup  

2 days and 13 hrs left @9am this morning.

That doesn't look like it would fit a Melos because it is flat all around the bottom whereas the Melos needs the sides to come lower than the back. Pity.

Hadnt  thought of that, if ade ever finds his old one, i will have to have  a trail fit and using templates adjust the sides and bottom edge  unless does anyone have an old melos one that can be used for a pattern? 

James, a new one ,just the top will set you back about £200 once you include VAT & P&P.

i dont know about your plans, but i intend to cut ply blanks for my doors and then make them from ally sheet once i am in a position to  do so  with new doors costing almost the same as the top  it might be cheaper to make a set out of 3mm ply  if you can get a tracing of a door off a member 

I've got doors for mine. I also have a tonneau and a hard top. I found the tonneau folded up in the boot, under the petrol tank. I could do some measurements of my doors if it would help you.

I'm not sure what I will do about mine because I have to be able to get my hand out to swipe my pass to open the barrier to get onto my company's site, so I really want an opening panel. Opening the whole door would be a real pain, and then having to button it down again to drive to the parking area. So I will probably end up only using the Melos in the good weather when I can drive it with the top down and then protect it from showers with the tonneau.

just had a hard top for the melos given to me from a pal he did not no wat it was have put it on and it fits ok needs painting and sum tlc cool freebys r gud  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service