DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

The car arrived yesterday after a bit of hassle getting it moved from Scotland. It looks solid and a good base for a project but as usual there is more work to do than originally planned.

The main jobs are, the brakes need freeing off, hardly any of the electrics are working, pedal box needs bracing as it flexes horribly, track control arm to replace, rear wheel bearing, cooling system to look at and fan to fit. The front bodywork has some bad cracks that need repairing. On the good side, i've had it running and it sounds sweet and I moved it in to the unit under its own power.

Views: 2523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PM sent

I have a full set of S4 bodywork should you be interested.

New track control arm and brake flexi hose fitted tonight

Picked these seats up yesterday to replace the tired ripped ones that were in the car. They are in pretty good nick, just a bit of the vinyl coming away around the harness slots.

I can see why the SVA/IVA tests were introduced now! I removed the SFI box yesterday to have a better look at the bulkhead, no obvious cracks but the the clutch pedal is only held on by one bolt! the brake one is held on by two at the top although there are 4 holes and the accelerator pedal is fouling on the brake pedal assembly.

Hopefully will have some more progress on the car soon. I've just bought this set of 14" Westfield wheels the same as the ones below, will hopefully look good

They will look good on Pete.

Are the outer rims polished or painted? They look to have been faced off on a lathe round the edges.

These are the actual wheels

The wheels arrived today so I popped down and tried a couple on. I have to say i'm a bit undecided with them at the moment, although from a Westfield the offset isn't great they need at least 1 inch spacers.

the wheels look fine, the 1" spacers seem quite big but i have seen thicker on some cars. personally i would prefer not to have any spacers, but i may have to have some on my car (5-10 mm) if i end up getting some wheels i am looking at.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service