DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The injectors are cut from the stock plenum and fit between my new plenum and the head...pictures to follow.

Looks good Dave, the most important thing is to make sure there are no air leaks around the flange and injector plate, that way if you get an erratic tick over you know the problem is with the idle valve. Can save a lot of head scratching. 

Cheers Paul. ...

Here Steve. ...when you cut off  the injection plate off the plastic plenum your left with this......this bolts to the head between the manifold I have made.

Ah right, I see it all now :-)  I recently Tig welded some bosses on a alloy manifold for injectors to screw into, but that looks an easy way of doing it, so I presume the throttle is in the big bit bolted to the new bit?

Yup the big red plenum at ataches to the injector plate....the throttle body is at one end....

The Marlin yours Steve? or a customers car?

I want it Dave, but can't warrant the expense :-((  I think the term is "skint"

Ah....skint.......all my life know it well...

Turns out the focus 1.8 is even more different than the mondeo  1.8..... the mondeo has two coolant sensors. One for the temp gauge one for the ecu. The fans are ecu controlled.

On the focus it has only one temp sender....behind the alternator. And I don't have the plug from the sender on the loom I bought second hand.....so I don't know what wire it should be.

Anyone out there got an 1.8 mk 1 focus and tell me the wire colour?

Yeah it's an issue...I am running the water pump as ford intended.....some idle wheels will be needed.
the engines can be one of three types...zetec sigma and duratec the sigma has the inlet to the front of the car the duratec is a more modern engine. I need some details from a 2001 car or thereabouts....

Now you've shown me yours I can understand why I did this to a sprint engine, it is still running too :-) you can see it was a twin weber inlet and the four bosses I welded on. Do the inlets from the plenum need to be so long for a reason?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service