DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi dave. i just carpeted out the sierra in cheep black cord carpet. very thin foam backing and bends round corners a dream £30. full car. :-)

Screen fitted.....if it hadn't rained yesterday it would be all in red primer...

There is no rush.......well to be honest there is no point I lack paper work to insure and register the car at the moment.....

The lights will have to be removed again to paint it.....

What is the situation now Dave? 

DVLA have said .....Age related registration on proof of finished car.....which is really not far away.
It's the proof of chassis age that's a stumbling block.
No official factory records exist. You can take an educated estimate based on similar chassis numbers being registered or try and take an average production number based on known facts....it's possible to get several dates .....I think a 1978 date is possible but so is a 1979 date.
The club needs some research doing and a table drawing up on likely dates for future reference.
Since I set out to build a 1977 car and was told by DVLA that I would get a 1977 registration in 2012 I am keen to get a date as close as I can....but even I cannot claim 1977.... 78 is just about possible but 79 is as convincing...

I was given a landrover stainless radiator grille.......a little angle grinder surgery and it fits.....won't look too bad once I make some badges for it.

Like that, now get some paint on :-))

That looks good.

Wow! Email notifications  are back.....
Plan is get it all one colour today. .....

Well it's not as red as I thought it would be......more plum than red....but I could get used to it....

Yummy colour. Not sure I could name it though. And a lot better than that green that you had a job lot of.

Got an unexpected early finish today.....sour I covered my seats.....

they look lost in their lol carpet time dave ..?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service