DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Here is the date, put it in your diary, so, who's going when??http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/html/showguide.html

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about Basingstoke historic festival, 10th May. War memorial park.

Sadly Stoneleigh seems to be the only kit car show on this year:(
Ldn2btn kit car run isn't really a show as such and total kit car live is more of a track day & in November could well end up a bit of a wash out!

Sign of the times I'm afraid. Cannot ever see a resurgence in kit cars, just us old guys trying to live the dream :-))

I'll be commuting as usual from Derby.

If you intend to stay over then why not go up on the Saturday afternoon so you are 'early birds' on the Sunday?

I'm in.

Daryl will really need to take his wallet that weekend... shiny engine bits will be calling him.

I can't understand the attraction of these 'panel' kits because it is still the same car underneath and the dynamics are unaffected. It all seems so pointless. What good is having a car that looks like a Lambo but is really a clapped out MR2. I think this picture captures my feelings.

PMSL... that is bang on James...

Its about the styling not the performance. sports cars were never really about performance. look at the MG Midget, sprite, spitfire etc,,,

Autosport International NEC, Birmingham Jan 8-11
London Classic Car Show ExCel, London Jan 8-11
Race Retro Stoneleigh, Warwickshire Feb 20-22
Restoration & Classic Cars Show NEC, Birmingham March 28/29
Kent’s All Ford Show Aylesford Priory, Kent April 26
NATIONAL KIT CAR MOTOR SHOW Stoneleigh, Warwickshire May 3-4
London to Brighton Kit Car run London-Brighton May 31
Bromley Pageant of Motoring Norman Park, Bromley June 7
Cholmondeley Pageant of Power Malpas, Cheshire June 12-14
Goodwood Festival of Speed Goodwood, West Sussex June 25-28
Kent’s Kit, Custom & American Car Show Aylesford Priory, Kent July 19
Goodwood Revival Goodwood Circuit, West Suusex Sept 11-13
Kent’s Classic Car Show Aylesford Priory, Kent Sept 13
Sywell Classic: Pistons & Props Sywell, Northamptonshire Sept 26-27
totalkitcar LIVE Brands Hatch. Kent Nov 14

Thought it might be usable as a table... I notice Donington is missing..

Donington, Newark & Exeter have fallen of the list as they no longer think its worth running kit car shows. More people are bringing their kit cars to get in for free than were paying to get in. You can only run these events at a loss for so long :(

Donington was being run by one of the magazines but since they removed the 'track laps' by holding it on a race day its not going to work the way it used to. Shame really as it was the first time I met any of the other Dutton owners, Donny 2000. 

Think your right about the free ticket thing though. Problem is if you share a venue it means you have to charge to get into the specific exhibition hall for that show and £10 just to go look at a half empty hall isn't on.

I think Stoneleigh works as its a single event venue that weekend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service