DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

MOT today, glad to say it passed and the paperwork is complete, I have a ticket. Yippee. Noticed a noise, so did the tester, coming up the very steep hill to home something has let go, still running g but sounds very sick, flat as a dab, but no smoke. Compression seems good so it's deeper down, ends or mains? Timing chain is sounding noisy, will park it in back of number one cave and have a ponder. Need a set of ears :-))

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Big ends and crank journal. Ordered them slightly tight, given me some leeway for doing the cleaning, just found some crocus paper for finishing, but I'm not really working on it, just looking. Robbed the pinto fund to pay for it, then may sell engine and box to fund the pinto build, looking for a prop that suits MT75 output doughnut, Granada one looks favourite, unless you know better.

this is the worst one:

and this is the best one:

Oeer, I must have forgotten to change my clocks!

???

Steve, you had said that you weren't going to touch it before the clocks go back, so I thought that I must have missed it.

In my official capacity as the head of the creative repair department, I recon that providing they measure up ok, it's a go'er mate.

They are fine, surprisingly good and still standard. Quick polish with some crocus and away I go :-)) once I have tracked down front and rear seals. Cam looks OK, so why did the ends become so shiny? Poor circulation ?

very, very hard to keep my hands off it once I start, but now, the wife has decided to take me away for a few days R&R. Yeah right !

I may be away, but the son and his mob, plus two dogs will be there, partying and causing general mayhem. Neighbours love it :-)))

so this black legerra, which appears a bit rough, is way up North again, wonder if they could ship it..........flat packed !!

Me too Martin. I saw a black Melos being sold and there was a black Legerra alongside but that was not on sale separately. Also a 2.9iV6. Now that is tempting and it would probably fit the Devon Dog (which brings us back onto the thread neatly).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service