DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

just found this in my ginnel behind my melos. i think someone has droped in their with a chopper :-)

Views: 3605

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

uncovering more bodge .....removed the door seals. the inner and outer shell are not fixed together. whats the protocol for this....pop rivets. seam clips. thanks :-)

Silkaflex and pop rivets, countersunk of course. Best to get the door shell fitting good first. It's a hard life being a Sierra owner, that's why so many give up :-))

Opps just seen the pictures, looks like someone been a bit heavy with the expanding foam. Will the seam pull together?

yes iv cleaned all the foam out so the seams will pull together. countersunk front and back..? cheers steve. no way im giving up. im on a mission :-)

A LITTLE warming of the inner shell with a hot air gun may assist in moving the panel closer. Just be careful not to pull the outer shell out of shape or over heat the thin bits.

cheers. it pulls together ok now the foam is out. i cant understand why its never been done....bloody bodge. no wonder these car got a bad name. maybe things would have been different if people would have built them properly in the first place. 

May pay to pull it in with self tappers and rivet it as and when.

mmmm ill give it a blast tmz. :-)

some nugget just quoted me £2500 to re spray the sierra ..........i cant stop laughing :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))

ano :-))) think ill hand paint it olive green army style :-))))))

hello. anyone know what car these were from.....just curious 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service