DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

just found this in my ginnel behind my melos. i think someone has droped in their with a chopper :-)

Views: 3605

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol. oh no into the dutton money pit again lol

Trouble with eBay is its to easy to press buy it now and not realise what you're spending when on a mission to rebuild things. Cheap Dutton ?? no such thing :-))

There will be an old style electrical reconditioners local to you Brian, the one in Bolton charges about £35 for one of those, exchange though.

id be fine with that ade. the one iv contacted wants £60 exchange gulp.....ill keep looking

Brian, When mine shorted out I searched for a replacement. Ebay and Amazon way to expensive. I found the cheapest at a local parts store. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/driveworks-alternator-remanufact.... Much cheaper. Turns out I was able to fix mine but you might want to try the same idea. Yours looks pretty bad.

it is jim when i turned it on its back all bits of crud fell out of it .....

Be cheaper to drive over, exchange units and drive back...

Probably be better off dipping it in diesel at each end, just enough to wet the bearings overnight.

ano bloody robbers lol

i know i know. im trying to spend as little as possable . iv got the rest of the car to go through yet. god knows what im going to find next. :-)

tell you something else id rarther work on a crossflow any day than a pinto. its all so squashed in.  :-O

The pinto isn't the problem, it's all the stuff bolted round it...

Yours is blocked in with servo, battery, heater fan, water tanks, screen wash and that injection system.

Mine... carb... no servo, battery or big fan, engine uses the standard fan as it worked on all the cars ford made so I stuck with it. Admittedly there are some items not yet bolted into mine when I took this but you see what I mean.

Mine... carb... no servo, battery or big fan, engine uses the standard fan as it worked on all the cars ford made so I stuck with it. Admittedly there are some items not yet bolted into mine when I took this but you see what I mean.

you got way more room than me. its like working on minis again lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service