DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

when i get round to taking my car to bits this year (now the Quantum is on the road) I have been wondering what to do about the front end of the car, especially as the headlights are knackered and need replacing. To be honest i have seen very few cycle guard modifications that look good on Phaetons because of the shape and height of the bonnet and nose cone.

But i am thinking of cutting out the headlight pods completely and making the mud guard look as if they were never there. and buying some HID projector lamps and making some holders, either both sides of the nose cone or inside the grille area, hidden. OR making some eye shaped pods to sit on the mudguards for the smaller lamps, what do you lot think?

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cheers Dave, I really like the style.
You may be right about the indicator lenses, and i am not sure what to do about them, i dont mind the orange ones, but some clear lenses with orange bulbs might be got at Stoneleigh. They are after all common to landrovers, mini's etc.

Just messing about on the computer, to colour the badges so you can see how easy it is,

just in case some of you are not sure how to edit the badge...

And just for fun

Sierra?

This something like you want?

and

also

and of course not leaving out,

but you might want it in red,

enjoy.

Spot on Dave.

just beware that orange festoon bulbs dont exist!

LED ones on the bay for about £5 each, but I just used a pot of orange glass paint £2.50 which seems to do the job just dandy.

Spot the difference lads....and lasses...and a similar shot.....

think more along the lights......indicator lights......
That good, right up to date.

Thought i would update this post, here is some more pics of the car today and the other week end at the scunthorpe do i went to.....

and here is one next to mates Mk III Cortina,

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service