DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Besides i could not easily find suitable tube. ;-(

some modest progress today, some welding and fabrication.......there has been some distortion from the welding and its took all the new frame over to the N/S, only 2mm or so at most and i think it can be corrected out.

here is what i have done today.....

and....

soon be ready for the wishbone mounting brackets...

Looking good Dave. Any chance at some point you can measure the width of the footwell by the pedals for me? i'm a little concerned about the space I have!

From memory i have about 12 between the transmission tunnel and the outer chassis rail. well up on the 10 1/2 inches as standard. It is very snug.

Weird, your engine must be slightly more offset to the passenger side than mine.

I get 10 inches and thats to the outer edge of the box for the trans tunnel, I know I might have lost a little by moving it forward a bit but not 2 inches!

i used 1/2" square tubing for the transmission tunnel and the o/s chassis rail forms part of the cockpit interior and the tunnel is only 2mm thick fibreglass sheet. i have just checked and at the pedals it is 12" wide.

here is some drawings of what i have been doing to repair my front end,

The top is a plan drawing of the new chassis legs they are made from 60 by 30mm tube, the dimensions are in inches as that's what the car was built in by Dutton. The next is a side view. and the bottom drawing is the top wish bone mounts.....

Ummmm looks just like what I'm looking for. ; ). Cheers dave.

it was just a sketch as i was late home on the one night i got home this week. i will try to make a better job of it later, i thought an isometric drawing full dimensioned would work quite well.

just to clarify, the top drawing is only the lower chassis rails, the middle drawing is the side view of the lower chassis rails with the top wish bone mounts in place (they slope front to rear by about 1/2" ) the bottom drawing is the top wishbone mounts only. they are wider than the bottom rails,

That's great. I won't get to play this weekend as at the BRDA British rally cross gala. Help is appreciated. J
It is still work in progress steve. my main concern is getting the wishbone mounts correctly alligned the uprights to the rear of the wishbones are likely to change.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service