DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was hoping someone would spot that !!!
Yeah steve and i have spoken about this, the problems are basically with the fact that the triumph suspension uses a trunion joint and that needs a different approach coupled with the rack position leaves very little room for manoeuvre. my front end will be strong just not ideal.
Foofoo valve? That i believe is the southern name for the tamping wopple i think you'll find. the gigling pin is the the thingy magig obviouly ! How do you expect to get anything done if you don't know the terminology ?

you have to use the ,self levelling slope riser,,

Giggling pin,Foofoo valve,?? i don't know what you guys have been smoking , but i'll have some :0)))))))))))

When i said basic, what i meant was compared with some chassis, such as the locost, it appears to be a simple design, theres nothing wrong in my book with things being simple if they work, I often in my line of work see things that were designed in the 1920's  but are still as good if not better than something designed fairly recently and a darn more simple to adjust or repair . 

I was always getting told off for putting my tool away dirty.

Just a question Dave, you said it would have been a lot easier to put it back to standard configuration and also said that you're going to sell it and keep the lancia engined one. So why bother with all the time consuming changes?

I would not be happy selling it if it wasn‘t as good as i could make it. besides i will drive it for a month or so.
On this side of the hill it's known as the fluffle valve, and giggle pin. just been outside for a long stand.

Simple martin from Wiltshire ere, me boss made me go and get some tarten paint and a long weight, Well, went do old rosies cow shed  found a short iron bar, will a short weight over t ead  do ?  also, where can i get a can of scotch mist from, went all the way to scotland for it, only found some big beastie  called nessie 

has the apprentice turned up with that bucket of steam yet ???

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service