DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

some more done...the fuel lines and fuel tank fitted, along with the support bar for my towbar/spare wheel carrier....

and,

you can see how the fuel tank fits and how the support bar sits under the boot floor.

My hand bake has been  a real hassle over the years and i have constantly had problems come MOT time. last year i decided to modify the hand brake to get it to work more efficiently.  here is how it was done...first i obtained a new hand brake lever From a Citroen AX and one new cable from the same car. the joining brackets i made myself and the cable ends are from what was original on the car cut short and secured to the brackets.

and,

this is something i need to look at, some sort of guide will be needed for the cables.....

this is the new handbrake position....

some one was asking how my hand brake was fitted...here it is.

Well things have progressed this weekend and here is some of the results,

look! the boot is refitted and it went ok really. the seat backs are about1/2" to 3/4" further forward at the top than the original seat backs so not bad at all. The seat base will be almost 1" lower than before as well.

I have even used a bit of the original seat tub in the cockpit, that orange bit on each side of the seat tub. The inner wheel arch's it was easier than making them from scratch.

The view from the rear...once again.

I also decided that the brake pedal needed "adjusting" and put it into the vise to bend it.....it snapped!

Not good but better to find out now than in some emergency at speed. So i am making a new pedal from 5mm thick flat bar.

Cheers for the pics. Looks like some good progress made. What are you going to do about joining the inner tub to the outer at the wheel arches? Mine has been pretty roughly hacked there and looked a right state

In the middle picture you can see a curved wooden shape. that fixes to the top inside edge of the inner wheel arch by use of fibreglass on the inside of the wheel arch. That makes the mudguard very strong and water tight it also gives me one inch wide edge to fit the ally capping on to.

well another day where i got an early finish so the wheels went onto my car and i wheelbarrow'd the car out of the garage and it got cleaned out and there was an amazing amount of metal fillings on the floor. I now have space to work again.

Also i have made a new brake pedal and got the position as good as i can. I also adjusted the throttle pedal so that it is level with the brake. the clutch pedal will also have some work. Here is a picture of the wooden former that i fit to the inner wheel arch, it needs a little work to be positioned right but it is nearly there. There is also a wood strip to go on top of the door opening so that i can fix the interior trim to it and the ally capping.

Its very quiet at work at the moment (end of tax year) so another early finish so i have finished playing with my pedal box and also made a start on cleaning and repainting my gear box. I just need to make a blanking plug for the speedo drive and the gearbox will go back in.

This is my finished pedal box it now has more room than before now at 12" instead of just less than 10".

its comming on will try and get over at some point

Well i have been giving some thought to what colour to paint my car this year....pink and purple is high on the list, Sandra wants it orange, me i'm not so keen. On the other hand i do already have 2L of the bright green already in my garage and respraying it green over the existing colour will be very quick to achieve....and will cost virtually nothing as i have all the materials.

Also if i change the outside colour the interior cant stay green (as it is at the moment) so that gives me another problem to solve.....so i think it will go on the road bright green for the rest of this year and next years paint job will change....along with the interior.

what type of paint have you used on it in the past  thinkin about paint for my melos,

well you can use just about anything but i use cellulose its about £30 a litre but its easy to get and easy to use. You can use two pack for a better finish but it needs proper safety equipment and its not suited to home use.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service