DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Been working on my wiring diagrams. ...now in colour to aid their use..

Red = battery live. 

Green = ignition live.

Blue = ECU connection.

Brown = earth

Orange = component connection not above.

Above is the main ignition "on" relay and the cooling relay. Plus the fuse box connections. These are the ECU related items......the car will have a second fuse box for lights etc...

All of this applies to the ford focus 60 pin ecu....... (mine was a 2001 car, but the pin out is common to all the focus ecu''s apparently. 

ECU wiring in place with its own fuse box and relay holder....there are two more relays near the battery, one for the fan and an "ignition on" relay.

so next.......i have started to fit the wiper motor and to do that i needed to be sure it would clear my heater box........so to be sure i decided to make another.

so i got some 1/4 ply and cut some 8" squares....once assembled it will be fibre glassed inside.

on its way........turns out 8" was too high so it was reduced in height to about 6"

the heat exchanger fitted.....

and a fiat Panda two speed fan fitted.....the front will be removable to let me change the matrix....if i need too.....

you would want a heater if you lived up here mate. its been bloody cold today again...

lol, Back in the 80's here in Florida Brian. I think that I would gladly trade you for the cooler British temperatures.

oh please jim. im sick of the 9 month winters over here ...;-((

spent the last few days making the new heater box, and modifying the Vauxhall Corsa wiper motor as i did with my green car.....i like the corsa motor because its easy to modify and compact.

HOWEVER......for some reason the space i have to fit both items is not the same as before.....the heater was too big, so i made it smaller. its still too big...... the corsa motor wasn't helping so i made the decision to remove it and use one of my Lucas wiper motors (i have 4 ...two single speed and two twin speed) they can be problematic if the cable runs are too tight, they will melt the park switch. so i have made it so that it mounts under the dash with a straight cable run......BUT the heater was still err "snug" so out of storage comes the heater box that came with the car...it is a small very compact unit with a single speed fan.....dont know if it will be ok or not but i will have to try it and see.

Have you thought about a Mini heater unit? It sits on my tunnel with plenty of room above it!

Well ......progress today. Leaps and bounds....

My pedal box is now fully fitted....the throttle needed modified a little but it uses a standard ford focus throttle cable.. the brake works nicely and the clutch is light in action.....I can fully depress it by hand ....finger tip almost..

The clutch cable has an odd route out of the scuttle....but it works.

But as you can see it's all a bit snug under the bonnet..

I also got some new wheels for the front.....

They now sit within the wheel arches.

The wheels were from Adrian. ....he only had three....but I only needed 2...☺

I hope you took those off road tyres off first...

Erm... is that close to perfect?

They are almost spot on...they are marked at 19mm off set

ere...Adrian, you could bung a few calliper mounting bolts in the post if you like.......

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service