DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:-)))

no s88it daryl heating is on and its poring :-(

I need some door hinges........anyone got some OR know where i can get some (B+Q?)

I bought some brass ones in Wickes, seem OK, the door is still hanging :-)))

cheers Steve.......

Daryl......not sure what size they should be......

Lift off....i have newish doors and a brand new roof....no support bar yet but i will be going to Paul to collect his.

its getting close to going back on the road....

been painting my wheels and messing about pin striping them.......not perfect, but might be ok.

windscreen offered up........

and bought a small tin of the Nissan 526 red i want.....just a trial spray and it revealed one thing......the body needs LOADS MORE PREP WORK.....its full of pin holes and swirly scratch marks.....its a weekends work just to get it smooth.

spray putty. i like that colour very nice :-)))

i will look into that Daryl.......it was looking like a lot of filler and sanding.....

i have two or three spray guns......its the thick stuff i need......cheers for the offer.

since i have a heater it might as well get demisters....and there is the problem. there is just not the room to fit them.....

i have some plastic ones but they foul the clocks or wiper motor..or ......they just get in the way.

so.....id made some, drill some holes neatly in front of the screen and underneath i got some new waste water pipe and cut in half length wise and fibre glassed it under the scuttle....

and....to connect the ducting i cut some corner pieces.....at an angle to better position the duct piping.

and then sealed it in with fibre glass.....

it dont take long......

oh and i have also spent the day rubbing down the dash....lots of filler and painted it.....

Dash just might do....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service