Dutton Kit Cars and their owners
Wednesday 11th near midnight, my Grandad past away after going into hospital for stomach pains a few days prior. My family has set about getting the funeral arranged and looking at clearing the house to put it on the market. It's a big place with a lot of "treasures" (as my Grandad called them) from charity shops, but also quite a lot of important family related docs/pics/items so will actually take quite a while to fully sort through. This gives me a little time to make arrangements for the…Continue
For quite a while now I've been battling with my rear suspension and replacing the rear shocks (as well as holidays etc). I originally just wanted to replace what was required to test drive it to decide if I liked the car. If I did then the plan was to upgrade it to a 5 link system as many have suggested. (Keep this in mind for a sec).
However, cutting straight to the point; my Grandad has been diagnosed with terminal cancer in multiple places including the liver. The doctors don't…Continue
So I wrote a letter into complete kit car magazine and got the letter of the month.
Gave a shout out to you guys too for being awesome.
Wow I haven't done an update in a long time :/
- New fuel tank ordered...issues encountered.
- Master cylinders refurbished, honed and now with new seals. Refitted.
- Pedals cleaned up.
- Brake calipers fully refurbished with all new parts including a repaint.
- Brakes refitted and bled...then one seized, assumed it only minor so temporarily ignored.
- Clutch slave cylinder refurbished, honed and now with new seals.…Continue
Added by Toby Fitzgerald on April 17, 2018 at 20:24 — No Comments
So for the past couple of weeks I've been gearing up to fully service the engine.
- Radiator removed and checked, seems in good condition with no leaks...until I tried to force the drain plug which split the solder and created a leak. Currently getting that fixed.
- New water pump fitted along with a new belt.
- Oil drained out and then spilt on the gravel driveway...genius. Sump plug came out okay which was a result as reading the Vitesse forums a lot of people have…Continue