DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

What happens if you run a 'ballast' coil on an un-ballasted system?

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What Ade actually needs is an unballasted coil, he's just trying to cheapskate hoping he could use the ballasted coil unballasted.

:-)

Its a bloody Sierra... of course I am being a cheapskate.

I was more concerned with the coil exploding if subject to higher voltages for too long.

Its sorted now, just got to get the timing right and there is no reason why it wont fire up.

Speaking as proberbly the original cheapskate, has anyone used any of the Accuspark ignition products and what do / did you think of them ?.

yea i use there eletronic egnishion and spark plugs and ht leads never had a prob with them

Wiring (especialy old cars like ours) is very simple.......... but at with everything, it is only simple once you have done it. I have a simple sheet diagram at work that makes each circuit clear and can be applied to anything that uses the chassis as an earth, I will scan in and post during the week. On Mr G's site Dave A, did an artical on the subject that is easy to follow as well. 

BV I used a premier loom in the Sierra, which didn't match the instructions, It was in 4 sections, Front, Engine electrics, Rear and under dash to switch gear and gauges. I spoke to Premier who told me the loom I had was a British Leyland type, it had lots of redundancy built into the under dash loom e.g. interior lights, repeater indicators etc. If you PM me your e-mail I will send you everything I have in a file. Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply Allan, im amazed at their prices or are they excluding vat on the website it dose'nt say, wonder if you know? if not ill email them and ask.

i brought everything from there shop on ebay

so price u pay is one on screen plus postate but most things are free postage

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service