DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

just to let you know, I know the seller, stay away :-)) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kit-Cars-2x-/301842124472?hash=item464731...

Views: 853

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And I bet it ends up in clone made from a V5 from a scrapped rust bucket off ebay. He'll then want 25K for it or more...

Look when Dutton was in its prime
1985 ish you could see Duttons for £2,3,4000 but what other choice did people have ? A rusty mgb that was holding its value in 85 ?
That was one of the main reasons for the late 70,s early 80,s kit boom
Forward to 2016 and you have
£500-mgf
£745-mx5
£1000 mg tf
£1200 z3
£1800 boxster
£2500 z4
3500 s2000
Plus MANY MANY more there are bargins out there so you not going to find many people to put £2000 into a leggie for example even if it is worth it in parts

A Legerra that doesn't leak? As common as unicorn horns

I want a unicorn /-))

Been trying to write a reply to this thread all bloody evening, when you start to analyse the topic in depth you could write a reply as long as War and Peace and send yourself mad too-boot!!  So I'm just gonna stick to my fundamental goal ....... Re-build a Dutton to the highest standard possible with my skill set, get it on the road, meet fellow CAR enthusiasts and enjoy life to the full.

Who's joining me???? 

Absof**kinglutely.

Look at the red one under the main ad.

Perception is " its an old kitcar"
Lot of potential owners will be buying the sports cars I listed earlier so you have a very limited number of buyers
People looking at the kit market can see the value in a new locust/robin hood/gbs.or whatever
Old kit prices have crashed look at Jago,eagle ect
Its even affecting Westfield, you can get a project for £1500
Even the top of the range seight which was £25,000 is down to 8/9k !!!

I dealt with several Locost and Haynes cars in the recent past, all have gone through IVA inspection and I have not been impressed with quality of some of the workmanship. But they all sold on OK, bike engined ones seem popular and command a decent price.

Prone to clutch and gearbox trouble to, due to having to shift extra weight.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service