DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

hello all. do you remember the guy up in duram who was breaking the yellow melos. well looks like hes making a living now out of breaking duttons. to what i know of hes broken 1 melos. 2 sierras. in the last couple of months.

good news....we can get parts from him.

bad news......more duttons dead. 

Views: 341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That Melos (the 'Hunter Melos') has a good chassis and a nice petrol tank. If it had a V5 it would be a monumental project, without one it is just a petrol tank, leaf springs and the rest is landfill.

has anyone ever tried contacting tim dutton...?

Yes, but what for?

to see if he want to help save protect what he started.........he must care about the cars

He is very involved with the amphib thing now and see's the sports cars as 'past'. He does help with stuff from time to time but we tend to try and sort it ourselves unless we really get stuck.

ok. is he aware of the ford threat. i cant see how a man can put so much into it and then just walk away i could not.......ar well

He went bankrupt in 1990 ish, didn't walk away, didn't have a lot of choice.

the Amphib thing took over although I think he could do a lot more to promote them, especially when the weather is playing up like this... lend one out to the local rescue services in cumbria or lancashire, get it seen on the telly... 

its what i said in my post....and ano he went bust. but what about the here and now. and why isnt he a member of doc...?

i like it.. how do we start...?

Didn't wait for you lot... i've already started...

Whats ya calling it? ...... Ade's Dutton Emporium !!

All will be revealed in due course. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service