DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

when i get round to taking my car to bits this year (now the Quantum is on the road) I have been wondering what to do about the front end of the car, especially as the headlights are knackered and need replacing. To be honest i have seen very few cycle guard modifications that look good on Phaetons because of the shape and height of the bonnet and nose cone.

But i am thinking of cutting out the headlight pods completely and making the mud guard look as if they were never there. and buying some HID projector lamps and making some holders, either both sides of the nose cone or inside the grille area, hidden. OR making some eye shaped pods to sit on the mudguards for the smaller lamps, what do you lot think?

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yet another update, because i have bought some dominator headlights and have started fitting them. The mounting bracket is also part of what will be bolting the bonnet hinge in place, the headlights are at about 520mm (to the centre of the headlights) from the road, not as low as they could be but low enough i think.

only one today, the other will be tomorrow.

coming along nicely Dave. Think i'd be tempted to move the indicators.
i have been looking at that but cannot decide what to do with them just now.

Hi Dave

Now that looks smart, perhaps you could put indicators in bumper , then yoy can have a clean line.

Terry

Hi Dave.

nice work !!!!

The Grill is beautiful.

I see you have the head lights......

Through a small oblique angle of the headlamps inside, it looks even a bit aggressive.

I think you make a good Job as well.

Today I was going to the Techno Classica in Essen.  Ohhhh  I lost a lot of money.

Europa Parts a verry expensive.

Us Stand by the mess was without Duttons.... :-( ........1 Locost and 1 Merlin...  Dutton Cars die from....

show us the next steps from your project .....

nice greetings

Tom

here is another update..... it's almost there, getting the bonnet level and the headlights equal and also level has been a real pain. here are two pics of the headlights with the indicators....they dont look too bad one the grille is silver one the grille is black......i prefer the black.

Looking good, could do with some clear indicator lenses now

No the headlights are quite light really, my wing mirrors are just visible they are from a motorbike and look like F1 mirrors with a carbon effect and a glass area about 100mm X 40mm.

My Exhaust is loud, it is a silencer from a Massey Ferguson Tractor, i had to reduce the outlet pipe from 1 7/8" internal diameter to 1 1/4" to knock off the top end decibels as it used to made my ears sing, it's almost quiet at speed now (although no loss of performance)

As for hacking out the headlights my new ones have cost me £100,  (just under with postage) and the fibreglass about £20-£30, so if you have some lying about go for it.......

Well done that man, needs clear lens on the indicators. You worked hard on it over the last week.

Thats the ticket Dave, looks good.

Clear indicators but possibly something hi-tech like LED's in a small ring. They would have to be 15,000 to 20,000 MCD or above though, anything less will be invisible in daylight unless its frenched in to the body.

Looking good. Very nice indeed.

that is very nice...i thought long and hard about whether or not to also take off the indicators and mould them into the bumper or mount them either side of the headlights (ala motorbikes).  

trouble is i like both looks.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service