DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

After 7 years 10 months  Q443 BCH has had a full nuts and bolts restoration and is now ready for MOT

My original goal was to keep the Series 2 Phaeton looking as it was intended ...... but with a few refinements along the way!      Goal Accomplished

Views: 320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks very very nice.  Well done

Including the original purchase price of £1150.00 the cost to date is just shy of 5K.   That is taking everything at cost, including raw materials. If you start to put prices on all the things that I have made for the car along the way, it would be considerably more.      

I paid over the odds for the car in the first place, as I wanted the S2 and this one ticked all the boxes at the time.

And worth every penny in terms of a rewarding project, I now have exactly what I wanted ..... exactly the way I wanted it....... priceless.

Throw some labour hours at it Paul, go on scare yourself :-))

I wish I had kept a note of the labour hours for interest purposes. I couldn't start to work out the amount of time spent on it now ..... it would be pick a figure out of thin air and double it!!  

The one thing that this project has highlighted for me, is just how cleaver the people are who's job it was to design a car from scratch on paper and then know everything would fit together. There were many times I had to re make something because I hadn't taken something else into account.  Must be a lot easier now with modern design software.      

Phaeton "Ghia", very good Paul, good luck with the MOT, though I'm sure you don't need it. Epic build, so what's next ??

impressive 

Meh... I have bunting, don't tempt me.

You won't win the prize for longest rebuild though, Lenn has that bagged at 30 years and still counting.

I want to see it out in the sun as I reckon the colour is going to be pretty special. Well done that man, good luck with the MOT.

eyup ade hows the dutton sanctuary going ????

Posted on the blog page for the car.

The MOT tester has seen it several times during the build so knows it well. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service