DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you posted here the other week that you had told DVLA that the chassis number was missing and that you had offered an explanation.....

post is er....."missing" but i remember it well......have a copy saved to my hard drive on one of my laptops as i thought that statement interesting......just in case the DVLA renege on their deal to give me an age related registration......

look we both have cars and mine at least will be on the road soon.

All electrics now fitted and tested.....no faults with the wiring but my indicator switch wont work as it should.....so i need another, before i go on ebay anyone got a classic lucas indicator switch......sort of thing you would get on a mini or reliantor.....you get the picture.

Besides the duff indicator switch....I have made some seats.....the just need covering and they are done.

Yeah ...mine does dip/main and flash ...indicators and horn.
Bmc mini and landrover etc......
Got multimeter out.....everything should work....but no indicators. ...hazards are OK but no indicators. .....then I had an idea.....start the engine and retest......indicators work with engine running but not engine off.....weird.
Brake lights...however....not sure if switch is a good one so more testing required. .

i bought a multi meter very useful indeed 

indicator wired into ignition live ??

Yes....but they are supposed to be....they flash once but don't continue to flash unless I wiggle the switch.....but start the engine they are fine.....odd...

yup very odd 

Battery is duff....but hazards work...with either relay...it's all led lights so no current draw to speak of.....perhaps the higher voltage helps.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service