DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

From 12pm tonight, there are 157 days until the National Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh, starting on Sunday 4th May 2014.

I now throw down the gauntlet to all who frequent this site ...... the challenge is :- if you own a Dutton, you must get to the show, driving your Dutton  under its own steam,  (some of you have MANY to choose from)

Its about time we showed the regulars who attend each year, in their cars, that we support them. So come on chaps, who is going and what will you be driving??

My Phaeton S2 will be there!!   (hope, prey and work harder) :-)

Views: 464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cant see me having the time to do much to the Legerra before then but it continues to soldier on so should make it there under its own steam

Nah... to be honest I rushed the first build on the legerra, 6 months isn't long enough if your only doing a couple of hours a night. The fact that most of it has lasted 40,000 + miles amazes me.

The chassis really needs repainting and bracing so I may have to lift the body off, not sure if I want to go that far though.

other than the Lancia 2.0 twin cam which is likely just scrap metal the Zetec and the Pinto are just fine.....

Dont you worry about my one matey !!     You concerntrate on getting one of yours up there .... mind you, if you keep on buying them, sods law sayes you will be able to get up there in a Dutton of some sort  ;-))))

He'll just buy one on the day,  job done 

147 days to go !!! 

hopefully just the exhaust to go back on :)  oh,does anyone have a 1/4 unc tap i could borrow, i have to clean up 1  sump bolt hole,  bolt just wont start to thread in  yet it came undone easy enough 

Aren't they 1/4 unf early,  6mm later?

they  are def 1/4 unc, i  bought some unfs and they wouldnt fit, so i got some 1/4 unc and they fit, its the same thread as the rocker cover,  i thought they would be UNF, but on my engine they are not, and their not metric either, i  took one bolt into work before i left and we checked the thread against our charts,and it came out as unc.

Message sent Stephen, well i hope im not willing fate here,but i'm a step closer,   the car runs again as per usual it wasnt straight forward, put everything back on, gunged up exhaust so that it should blow, went to start it, it fired up, but wouldnt run,  strange i thought, checked everything,  fuel ok, tried again, same started but died as soon as i let the key go, then i thought, ,i wonder,  checked the coil,  no reading on the ign side , checked the fusebox, blown fuse, changed it, engine fired up and ran, the reason it would start but die was because i have a 2 feed coil wire, one direct from solenoid, which is live only when cranking, and the ign wire  from fuse box . . just one hole to re drill for drivers seat  then  i can get back to  adjusting up the handbrake,  and giving the brakes another bleed, to get the remaining air out. 

Yes, yes yes yes yes :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

looking foreward to it, just dont get in the wrong black melos at the end of it.:)) hopefully i will be there all week end also 

so how many cars do you lot think we will have at the 2014 show?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service