DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

So, you go to sell your car on the bay, how does the charges work out, because the dearest thing I have ever sold is £200. And I thought the charges very expensive. Is it a percentage thing? Or an agreed fee beforehand.

Views: 2693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You guys, you do make me laugh, cut the bloke some slack, it's a great piece of car art. I think you all get a bit jealous :-)

Hi Mark, just to let you know that I know the guy in Barnstable, and know the S4, do not shake hands with him, he'll have your watch :-) He has a very nice kit car 

Car looks ok but its an s3 not a 4

Don't matter, it's dead.

Well it might matter to Mark who was interested in it for "spares"
Not a lot that's interchangable between a 3 and a 4 even thou they look very similar
So if he has a S4 it matters !

Rob, am I right in thinking one of the big differences is the front shock mounts, S3 having the round cup type and S4 having a eyelet mount?

3 different shock mounts on a s3
Tim altered the design an he bought batches of dampers.
s4 has the later style mounts on the "high" mount style coming of the top wishbone.
Rear spring front mounts are moved outboard for more room so floor moulding is different as well
Bugger cant find edit function !
Post should say s4 has the later style s3 or high mount style !

So the S4 has a raised post eyelet type like the Legerra at the front, designed to work with the upper wishbones with tubes on the end.

So it should look kind of like this.

IMAG0231

so thats me in trouble with my new Dolomite sprint project then, never mind.

So this old chestnut about cloning or whatever its called this week, is it offical club policy to grass the owner up? or just someones ego getting massaged, I need to know, I cant find any thing offical in the club, please help.

I don't think there is an official club policy Steve.

My own personal opinion is that a vehicle ceases to become a 'dutton or dutton derived vehicle' when its a vehicle manufactured by another commercial entity, EG The MK Indy or GB Zero brands of kit with a Dutton vehicle's identity bolted on. The vehicle construction and use regulations would back that I think.

As you pointed out earlier, chassis mods have been common however, I feel if the basic chassis was made by Dutton and if the body shell remains close to original in outline then 'individualism' should be encouraged. There have been and still are some excellently engineered examples around that are just a development or improvement of the original design using a very large portion of the original material.

The problem we encounter with this is when the ID of a vehicle is called into question with the authorities and we are consulted then we have to be honest. I could quote you half a dozen cases of ID theft that are still outstanding due to red tape. If you were presented with an MK indy and a melos but only one could legally use the Dutton ID... which would you choose? The one with the Dutton badge or the one with the MK badge?

This is just my personal view as there isn't an official standpoint as far as I am aware, hope this helps although I doubt it will.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service