DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

So, you go to sell your car on the bay, how does the charges work out, because the dearest thing I have ever sold is £200. And I thought the charges very expensive. Is it a percentage thing? Or an agreed fee beforehand.

Views: 2693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Although I agree in principal, I actually like my Sierra (i know im odd) If you fitted SJ drivetrain on subframes and a BMW 4 pot diesel and gearbox you'd have an economical 4WD tax exempt Sierra, low insurance and plenty of get up and go (anywhere) an all round winner (apart from the body being ugly)

All the ford mechanicals could be removed and sold and i'm pretty sure you would raise enough to fund the project providing you purchased the whole SJ and the whole BMW donors you might even be able to sell some of the remaining unwanted parts and turn a small profit.

The major drawback is working space. Having three vehicles in bits is going to take up some floor area.

I'm going to need a MUCH bigger garage :(

My remark was said in jest. Lighten up people.

You dont need to reuse the whole subframe off a BMW or Sierra just the diff. Build a De-Dion axle and by and large there is little to modify on a dutton rear end.
Besides BMW's and Sierra rear subframes are VERY heavy more than rest of the chassis on a Dutton.

Don't use the donor subframes then. If they are too heavy, make lighter ones.

Now that's a very good point Vern. To much common sense :-))

This has just flagged up on my wanted list, cheaper then rebuilding a crossflow or pinto??http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-COMPLETE-GENUINE-FORD-1-8-ZETEC...

That looks like a really good deal at the moment. Apart from the mechanical fitting there is also the problem of getting an after market ECU which would probably cost more than the engine, even second hand. But it would be a whole load better than a ropey old crossflow.

now, now, no need to be nasty, let me have my pipe dreams :-))

See lots of Duttons are starting to appear, must be getting close to the rutting season, get the gun out Daryl, pesky things will be breeding soon :-)

Why do "saddos" think camouflage paint is cool. Just seen a caddy done like it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service