DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

With the National Kit Car Show (and the DOC AGM) less than a fortnight away, then I am starting to think about everything that I need to get ready. Obviously I need to drive the Legerra a bit to make sure that everything is in good shape for the journey, but what else?

I am intending to go on the Saturday and camp. I'm not sure if I will stay there for the full two days of the show (Sunday and Monday), that might depend on the weather. I have not slept in a tent this century, so it will be a novelty.

Who else is going? Who else is camping? What are the facilities like? Will I need to take a kettle? Any advice would be welcome.

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So who is intending to be there at the AGM? It starts at 2pm so there should be time to look around the show before hand, plus time to go back for a late bargain afterwards.

I shall be there.

Just taken the Legerra for a little run up the motorway. It didn't want to start but petrol down the carb and a spare battery on jump leads soon convinced it. Seems hesitant when I press the accelerator but goes okay after a little splutter. It could do with a good run. I'll have to chose a time when the RAC will be out in numbers, so I don't have to wait too long.

I am most concerned about the exhaust, which I fear could fall off at any time. I might have to go to Infinity before next weekend.

they'll be out in numbers James, they think it's noddy time :-))     Will that airbed fit in your tent?   I'm planning on  a bivvi, weather permitting.

I've just bought a 4 man tent, so there would be room for you if you want to share. It could be an experiment - my snoring vs your deafness!

Broke back mountain comes to mind

If you intend to camp at the showground bear in mind it is open flat country with just a couple of buildings to break the wind and it can get seriously chilly. Year before last it was -1 overnight that weekend...

lol, I would love to come to your Stoneleigh meet. Seeing another Dutton would be fabulous and to sleep outside at night would be great compared to the night time temperatures over here in Florida. :-(

that "sounds" like a challenge. You (we) could pitch in the official marquee, sort of double glazing in tents.

Strictly speaking, triple glazing as my new tent had a double skin. We will be toasty - like being in Florida!

all I know about Florida is Miami Vice !

lol, Summer is in the 90's during the day and 80's at night in Florida. Also humid as hell. I would love to spend my summers in England. Sounds like a beautiful country in the summer! If I ever win the lottery I am coming over there to see more Duttons, have British tea and enjoy the weather in the summer but probably come back here in the winter! Whenever I see offers for free trips to England on the internet I always apply. :-)

I could struggle with that Jim, end of April here and still very cold and changeable. 55f. By day 15f. By night. That's indoors.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service