DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

hi guys, i have a problem that is really worrying me.

i sold a mini last year. just before i bought my dutton. it was part restored. today i have recived a letter from the new owners wife. saying that i have ripped them off because it does not have the original reg with it. and that i am selling the original reg for £2.500. 

im not selling the reg at all. i bought the car with a cherised number. and i was aware that the original one had been transfered. 

she is threating to tell the dvla and get me prosecuted, i have not done anything. oh but she says if i sell her the reg for £500. that she wont tell dvla. i have all this in her own hand writing isnt that blackmail.

please help iv done nothing wrong and im really worried.  :-(((

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i dont know daryl. probably mini masters where i bought the car from. 

the original reg of the car was 984RTJ and the cherrised number was das251 

it had das251 when i bought it and same when i sold it. yes i did ...

thanks daryl. it got me really worried. she is ever saying i confused him on purpose and hes 85. i cant belive it. i got ppl round to help move the car made them tea and did most of the bloody work. thanks again daryl ....ill post the entire letter in a bit :-)))

dear brian

rex has done a wonderful job on the mini, it has been painted speedwell blue, the wheel hubs are ivory, he put the whole car back together. hes bought the carpets from newton commercials and the seat coverings, he has done it in grey fleck and blue like the original 1960 mini, i ordered him the picnic baskets that go under the back seats it looks fantastic.

their is only one problem on the new keeper supplement you wrote sale/ transfer 10/12/08. rex actually bought the car 21/06/15. we realised on the way home that the registration on the test certificate was 984 RJT, dated 4 jan 2002, it says at the top cherished transfer re- registered ans das 251. you were in such a hurry to confuse rex and let me say hes 85 years old. that you gave him the v5c form registration no, DAS251 we did not do anything about it at the time because rex is a peaceful man, however he was devostated when he realised the plates hed been swapped over.

i have recently acquired a laptop and have been doing some investigation. the vin plate number does not match das251. i also went into reg nos for sale and you want £2500 for das251.

i will do a deal with you if you agree to sell me, DAS251 with the correct vin plate which you swapped over for £500 i will not inform the authorities .

we can do this amically without a lot of investigation by the dvla and save you being prosecuted. on reciept of the original number plates and vin plate i give you my word i will send you a cheque for £500 in return of post

your sincerely (her name)

me

i am gobsmacked at this . all i did was buy a car work on the car and sold the car....:-(((

maybe graham. anyway iv gone into dont care any more mode :-)

That's interesting, I have a R1 plate, on the tin top, are they all worth money ??

thanks daryl i feel a bit better now. ill ring her and tell her, i still have the nimber in my phone .. phew 

im gobsmacked. just rang her to tell her. that iv not changed anything on the car. she gave me some right stick saying i had not told her about the reg change, and she will take me to court, aparently the car is worth 5k less without the reg im fuming. i managed to keep calm on the phone because they are old,, but for god sake....

minimasters wouldn't want Brian to notice that it didn't still have the private plate - they were stitching him up! sounds like.

i did have the v5 daryl. i registered it in my name. 

there you go, paid £7500 for the car, so how much is it worth?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service